The growing concern over cybercrime
The current Data Protection Act imposes legally enforceable obligations upon the use and storage of personal data. Due to the growing concern over cybercrime and the risk of information security in the digital age, the new regulation will soon be upon us in the shape of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPRs).
Strict rules apply to the collection, use and sharing of data and it is every firm’s responsibility to have properly articulated procedures in place that ensure personal data is respected in the manner envisaged under the law, and that robust protection is in place to prevent unauthorised collection, sharing or abuse of personal data.
How can CCL help?
- Prepare policies and procedures that met the requirements of the current Data Protection Act
- Review your Firm’s existing procedures for compliance
- Train all staff in how the Act affects your Firm and how you comply with it
- Assist your Firm in preparing reports to senior management on your compliance with the Data Protection Act
- Provide advice on implementing controls in compliance with the GDPRs