Is your control framework exposed?
A review is not necessarily triggered by the knowledge that something is wrong. Proactive, periodic reviews will not only provide assurance to your senior management, the Board, and shareholders, they are also viewed positively by the regulator.
The absence of an actual regulatory failing in your Firm is not necessarily an assurance of an effective control framework. It is more likely that your controls have not been challenged sufficiently, meaning that you may be exposed to weaknesses in your control framework, yet not know about it until it is too late.
Have peace of mind with an independent review
We can review your Firm's compliance framework, including policies, procedures, resourcing, and reporting, to assess how well they meet ever-evolving regulatory expectations and interpretations. We can conduct full compliance reviews or specific examinations of just one area. This includes:
- Client onboarding – ensure that your clients have been onboarded in compliance with the relevant conduct of business as well as AML requirements.
- AML framework – obtain assurance that your AML, CTF and Sanctions control framework is effective in managing these risks to your business.
- Conduct risk – attain an independent view as to the adequacy of your conduct risk management framework, including your product development and product governance arrangements as well as measuring your culture.
- Compliance framework – secure assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of your compliance framework, including strategy, resource allocation, reporting channels, independence between your first and second line of defense, compliance intelligence, and readiness for change.
- Regulatory visits – ensure that you are prepared for any regulatory interaction, including risk assessments and thematic reviews.
- Compliance monitoring – receive assurance through your second line monitoring activity by outsourcing this function to CCL’s experienced team, who will provide a clear auditable view on the adequacy of your compliance framework and performance against internal and external requirements.
- Benchmarking – benchmark your compliance arrangements against your peers by drawing on CCL’s extensive knowledge of current best practices across multiple financial sectors.
- Data protection – protect yourself against the tightening laws and regulations around data security and privacy by securing a review of your controls around managing personal and confidential data.
What should you do now?
If you haven’t had an independent review of your risk and compliance framework, or it has been a while since the last one, contact our dedicated team of experienced compliance consultants who can provide expert assurance to give peace of mind to your Firm. Contact Us Today to commission a specific, focused review of your compliance arrangements